This is the Best Beef Jerky Recipe on the internet for making beef jerky with ground beef. If you love jerky, you absolutely have to start making it yourself, and this recipe is the perfect place to start.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
Dehydrating times vary by machine. On most machines the 3-6 hours is a good range, and you will be able to taste the jerky after 3 hours, and once an hour after that until it is done to your liking.
The Parmesan Cheese you are looking for is the fresh kind that looks like little sticks. This works much better than the powdered type, and provides a richer flavor.
You can use low sodium Soy Sauce if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100