Cajun Seasoning and Garlic come together perfectly in this tasty recipe for ground beef jerky. The flavorful, sweet, and with the perfect amount of heat. This will be one of those beef jerky recipes that you make again and again.
- 2 Pounds 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 Tablespoons Tata Rudy's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Instacure No. 1
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Jalapeno Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick Cajun Seasoning
- 1/8 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully blended, and there are no clumps of spices.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix again until fully blended.
- Add the Ground Beef and mix by hand wearing food handling gloves for several minutes until the spice mixture and meat are fully combined.
- Load seasoned meat into your jerky gun, and dispense onto your dehydrator trays evenly, with about 1/8 in of space between the strips.
- Run the dehydrator at 165 degrees or on the jerky setting for 4 to 6 hours depending on your desired level of dryness.
If you need more detailed directions, or if you haven't made jerky before, How to Make Beef Jerky With a Dehydrator is a complete, step by step explanation of the entire process.
This is a great tasting recipe, and you can modify the heat level to your own taste. If you are not a fan of spice, just drop the Jalapeno Powder from the recipe. If you want something a little more on the tame side, but with a little heat, then use half of the amount.
For more great tasting jerky you can make at home, check out my other Jerky Recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:10 pieces about 4" long
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200