This is a very easy to make ground beef jerky recipe that is the perfect place to start if you are new to making your own recipes for the first time. The ingredients are easy to find, and the process is simple to follow. Plus, this homemade jerky will taste better than anything you have ever gotten from a store.
- 2 lbs. 90/10 Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- Mix all dry ingredients (Uncle Abe, Cure, Garlic, Onion, and Chili Powder) in a large bowl until fully blended, and there are no clumps of spices.
- Add the liquid ingredients (Soy Sauce) and mix again until fully blended.
- Add the Ground Beef and mix by hand wearing food handling gloves for several minutes until the spice mixture and meat are fully combined.
- Load seasoned meat into your jerky gun, and dispense onto your dehydrator trays evenly, with about 1/8 in of space between the strips.
- Run the dehydrator at 165 degrees or on the jerky setting for 3 to 6 hours depending on your desired level of dryness.
Depending on your dehydrator, you may need more or less time. The longer you dry the jerky, the denser and more dry it will become. After three hours, it's all up to you when to stop the process.
For more heat, double the Chili Powder. You can also add a tablespoon of Black Pepper, or make it super high in garlic flavor by adding a tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
Serving Size:4-5 Strips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100