Garlic and Molasses get together in this sweet and garlicky recipe for ground beef jerky. The ingredients are simple, and the taste is incredible.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
This ground beef jerky recipe has very little spice. The only mild heat coming from the garlic. If you want to spice it up a little, add a tablespoon of Chili Powder and that will give it a nice heat that is not overwhelming.
Serving Size:4-5 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100