This ground beef jerky recipe is very spicy, and combines the intense heat of Habanero Powder with the sweetness of Molasses. The heat starts off slow, builds quick, and then sticks with you for a while. If you like heat, this one is for you.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Habanero Powder
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Optional Glaze:
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Habanero Powder
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) Glaze the tops of the strips in your dehydrator with the glaze mixture from the recipe. This will weld itself to the jerky as you run the dehydrator and seriously increase the heat level.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
If you are a huge fan of heat, then by all means use the glaze. If not, then skip it. For those of you that like heat, but not to this level, substitute Chili Powder in the recipe for the Habanero Powder and you'll make a hot jerky but nothing like the Habanero.
Serving Size:4-5 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100