Yield: 16 oz
Hatch Green Chili Beef Jerky
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
The flavor of Hatch Green Chilis is an easy to make ground beef jerky. This recipe uses powdered ingredients, making the process really easy, and the jerky extra tasty.
- 2 lbs. 90/10 Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 3 Tablespoons Hatch Green Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients (Uncle Abe, Cure, Garlic, Hatch green Chili Powder) in a large bowl until fully blended, and there are no clumps of spices.
- Add the liquid ingredients (water) and mix again until fully blended.
- Add the Ground Beef and mix by hand wearing food handling gloves for several minutes until the spice mixture and meat are fully combined.
- Load seasoned meat into your jerky gun, and dispense onto your dehydrator trays evenly, with about 1/8 in of space between the strips.
- Run the dehydrator at 165 degrees or on the jerky setting for 3 to 6 hours depending on your desired level of dryness.
Serving Size:4-5 strips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100