Hoisin Beef Jerky
Hoisin Sauce is one of the most flavorful sauces in Asian cooking, and this ground beef jerky recipe combines that signature flavor with Garlic for a great tasting beef jerky that is super simple to make.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
Hoisin Sauce can be found in most supermarkets, especially if they have an Asian Foods section in the store. If not, you can get it online, and pick a middle of the road bottle for good flavor.
This recipe has very little heat, so feel free to add a tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper or Chili Powder to the recipe to give it some spice. If you are really adventurous, add a tablespoon of Habanero Powder and you will really notice the heat.
Serving Size:4-5 Pices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100