Yield: 16 oz
Honey Chipotle Beef Jerky
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Honey and Chipotle go really welltogether in this spicy and sweet ground beef jerky recipe. This is sure to be one of those recipes that you make several times.
- 2 lbs. 90/10 Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients (Uncle Abe, Cure, Garlic, Chipotle Powder) in a large bowl until fully blended, and there are no clumps of spices.
- Add the liquid ingredients (Water and Honey) and mix again until fully blended.
- Add the Ground Beef and mix by hand wearing food handling gloves for several minutes until the spice mixture and meat are fully combined.
- Load seasoned meat into your jerky gun, and dispense onto your dehydrator trays evenly, with about 1/8 in of space between the strips.
- Run the dehydrator at 165 degrees or on the jerky setting for 3 to 6 hours depending on your desired level of dryness.
Serving Size:4-5 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100