Honey and Chipotle go really welltogether in this spicy and sweet ground beef jerky recipe. This is sure to be one of those recipes that you make several times.
- 2 lbs. 90/10 Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients (Uncle Abe, Cure, Garlic, Chipotle Powder) in a large bowl until fully blended, and there are no clumps of spices.
- Add the liquid ingredients (Water and Honey) and mix again until fully blended.
- Add the Ground Beef and mix by hand wearing food handling gloves for several minutes until the spice mixture and meat are fully combined.
- Load seasoned meat into your jerky gun, and dispense onto your dehydrator trays evenly, with about 1/8 in of space between the strips.
- Run the dehydrator at 165 degrees or on the jerky setting for 3 to 6 hours depending on your desired level of dryness.
Serving Size:4-5 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100