This Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe combines the spicy flavor of Black Pepper with Garlic Powder and Chili Powder to make a great tasting and very peppery jerky. For a final touch, there is Freshly Cracked Black Pepper sprinkled on the top.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper (save for topping)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined. Save the Cracked Black Pepper until Later in the process)
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Sprinkle Fresh Cracked Black Pepper on top of the jerky on the trays, and pat with a finger to adhere the pieces to the strips.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
Dehydrating times vary by machine. On most machines the 3-6 hours is a good range, and you will be able to taste the jerky after 3 hours, and once an hour after that until it is done to your liking.
If you want to add a lot more pepper flavor, double the Black Pepper in the recipe and then also really coat the strips in the dehydrator. Some will fall off, but the majority will stick and the jerky will be very peppery.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100