This Spicy Beef Jerky Recipe is easy to make, delicious, and packs a spicy flavor that is sure to satisfy. In about 20 minutes of prep time and a few hours drying, you can make some of the best tasting jerky you have ever eaten right in your own kitchen.
- 2 Lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Beef Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Habanero Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
Dehydrating times vary by machine. On most machines the 3-6 hours is a good range, and you will be able to taste the jerky after 3 hours, and once an hour after that until it is done to your liking.
Double the Habanero Pepper Powder for even more heat, or add another tablespoon of Chili powder. You can also add a tablespoon of Garlic Powder if you want more of a savory flavor profile.
Serving Size:4 strips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100