This Sweet Beef jerky Recipe makes a great tasting jerky, and the Brown Sugar gives it the sweetness to become one of your favorites. There is no heat in this recipe at all. Instead, you get a flavorful, sweet ground beef jerky experience.
- 2 lbs 90/10 Ground Beef or Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Abe's Jerky Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Insta Cure No. 1
- 1/2 teaspoon Mesquite Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix again thoroughly.
- Add the beef and mix by hand using food handling gloves for several minutes.
- Load barrel of jerky gun and dispense strips on your dehydrator trays.
- Run the dehydrator for 3-6 hours on the jerky setting, or at 165 degrees Fahrenheit until the jerky reaches your desired level of dryness.
- Remove the jerky when done, blot off any excess liquid on the surface, cool to room temperature, then bag and refrigerate.
Dehydrating times vary by machine. On most machines the 3-6 hours is a good range, and you will be able to taste the jerky after 3 hours, and once an hour after that until it is done to your liking.
If you do not like a smoky taste, don't use the Liquid Smoke. For more heat, add a teaspoon of Habanero Powder or a Tablespoon of Chili Powder. You can also use a low sodium Soy Sauce if you like.
Serving Size:4 strips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100